|Purse Wavelengths as of 11/04/2016|
It took awhile to finish this color since I ran out of the Vineyard Silks dyelot I was using. With only an inch or so to stitch, I placed a search on Facebook's Needlepoint page and voila, a kind soul checked with her LNS who in fact had what I needed. Happiness is a wonderful needlepoint community.
|Purse Wavelengths as of 4-6-2016|
Firstly, I decided to work it all in basketweave or tent stitches because I'm going to make this into a "wristlet" type of purse and don't want to catch longer, fancier stitches on anything. Secondly, even though it's being worked in boring basketweave, the design itself has its own challenges in the fact that the diagonal lines aren't on a true diagonal. I'm required to baste the lines to visually guide me up and down the canvas (see photo below).
At the rate I'm stitching these days, I figure it'll take me 3+ years to complete this thing. LOL.
PS I'm not stitching this "in hand" as I wrote below--too cumbersome for basting stitches.
|Purse Wavelengths Status at 2/20/16|
|Purse Wavelengths Basting of Diagonal Lines|
|Project Photo from Art Needlepoint Co.|