July 26, 2026--In 2022, I attended the ANG Seminar held in
Tucson, AZ and was signed up to take Janet Zickler Casey's class called Tiffany
Heart. As luck would have it, I contracted COVID halfway through the
seminar and went into quarantine for the balance of the event, missing the class.
The kit was later mailed to me, and it languished in my planned projects pile
until a few weeks ago when I decided to dive in.
 |
Heart Tiffany Completed
|
 |
Heart Tiffany Side View
|
As many of Janet's designs do, this one introduced a new
challenge for me: bead looming, which
I've never tried before. I started by watching a few YouTube videos to
get a sense of the process, then jumped in with a little knowledge and a lot of
curiosity. First, I stitched the heart. Then, following Janet's excellent written
instructions, placed 16 warp threads from top to bottom around the stretcher
bars, using two wine corks to add tension at the top and bottom.
Then the fun began. The bead looming itself was fairly
straightforward; I just had to make sure I caught all the beads with the needle
on each row. The most difficult part of the project was sinking the ten tail
threads from each side of the beaded ribbon into the canvas. The ribbons formed
a lovely bow shape, thanks to the special stiffening liquid Janet included in
the kit.
 |
| Bead Loom set up on stretcher bars |
 |
| Bead Loom set up on Canvas Side View |
Now to decide how to finish it. Do I turn it into a hanging ornament or a box top cover?
Never heard of a bead loom! Fascinating! Looks lovely no matter how you finish it. Yeah, I remember that Seminar! Between our car accident getting to Seminar and covid, it was some Seminar! And, I won the President's Award for A Spring Sampler. Can't remember what classes I took. Have to go to my blog and find out.
ReplyDelete