Thursday, August 25:
- 2:00 pm: Arrived at the Hyatt Regency, New Orleans and checked-in.
- 3:30 pm: Met other Distance Learning (DL)* members in the Exhibit Hall to display the DL projects for viewing by attendees. Actually, Barbara E and Kristi H did all the work possible before I got there. Thank you B and K.
- 4:00 pm: Checked in to the seminar. Received a seminar pin for my name tag, a free Mardi Gras Fleur de Lys ornament designed by Michele Roberts, bead necklaces (of course in green, gold and purple), a beautifully printed informational booklet (which included instructions for The Jester's Mask Ornament by Connie Camp), banquet confirmations, a blue accessories tray with snaps (lays flat when opened), etc.
Friday, August 26:
- 8:30 am: Back at the Exhibit Hall with Melita G, Kristi H and Barbara E to hang and label the DL projects. Wrapped this up quickly.
- Free Time All Day--Walked to the French Quarter with DH. Whew, the weather was, hot, hot, hot!
Saturday, August 27:
- 8:30 am to 4:30 pm: Day 1 of 2 day Purse Class taught by Janet Zickler Casey called "Let the Good Times Roll".
Sunday, August 28:
- 8:30 am to 4:30 pm: Day 2 of 2 day Purse Class taught by Janet Zickler Casey called "Let the Good Times Roll".
- 12:00 pm: Lunch meeting in the suite of ANG's Vice President of Education, Becky B, to discuss DL project proposals with Kristi H, the DL Coordinator; Melita G, the outgoing Correspondence Course Committee Chair; Sue E, Chapter Project Book Committee; Barbara E, CyberWorkshop Committee; Kathy L, Workshop by Mail Committee; Marilyn O, Stitch-of-the-Month (SOTM) Committee; and myself, the incoming Correspondence Course Committee Chair.
- 12:00 pm: Exhibit Hall opened. Learned I won a Second Place Ribbon for Rose Swirls. Received a special "exhibitor" pin.
- 5:45 pm: Welcome Reception.
- 6:30 pm: Welcome Banquet and announcement of Special Ribbon Awards recipients.
Monday, August 29:
- 8:30 am to 4:30 pm: Day 1 of 2 day Purse Class taught by Toni Gerdes called "Bronze Purse".
- 11:45 am: ANG Executive Council Lunch. Met members of the ANG Board and learned of some exciting plans for the guild's magazine--Needle Pointers.
- 7:00 pm: Attended the CyberPointers Chapter meeting and met some of the officers and other members. Was nice to put faces to the names I know. A nice event and we received a free instruction pamphlet for Pat Mazu's Crescents with Sparkle Ornament.
Tuesday, August 30:
- 8:30 am to 4:30 pm: Day 2 of 2 day Purse Class taught by Toni Gerdes called "Bronze Purse". I was Class Angel (to assist the teacher as needed, hand out and collect evaluation forms, etc) and received a pin from ANG for this service. Toni gave me a pair of petite embroidery scissors by Sullivans as a gift for being her Class Angel. Thank you Toni.
- 5:30 pm: Work with Melita G, Kristi H and Barbara E to move exhibits stitched by the seminar teachers for display at the Teachers Showcase event.
- 6:00 pm: Attended the Teachers Showcase to meet the teachers and view current and upcoming class projects. Enjoyed meeting Diane Herrmann, Terry Dryden, Gail Stafford, Joni Stevenson, Cynthia Thomas (a new FB friend), Jennifer Riefenberg, Joan Thomasson. It was also nice to again see Nancy Cucci, Lynne Wilkinson, Susan Hoekstra. Also got to personally thank Debbie Rowley of DebBees Designs for the help she gave me on the project she designed called American Beauty Rose; and Kurdy of Threedles for the help she gave me on her Christmas Diamond Ornaments instructions published in the Needlepoint Now Magazine, November/December 2015 issue.
- 7:00 pm: Moved the teacher exhibits out of the Teachers Showcase room back to the Exhibit Hall.
Wednesday, August 31:
- A free day to enjoy my birthday with DH. Did some shopping, sightseeing, gambling and dining, A delightful day!
Thursday, September 1:
- Another free day. Went on a VIP Tour of New Orleans with DH and Melita G. We had a very informative and energetic guide who showed us a New Orleans most people know nothing about.
Friday, September 2:
- 8:30 am to 4:30 pm: One day class taught by Michele Roberts called "Theo Faberge's Jeweled Spiral Coil Egg".
- 12:00 pm: Work with Melita G, Kristi H and Barbara E to pack up the DL exhibit pieces for mailing back to the designers.
- 5:45 pm: Closing Banquet Reception
- 6:30 pm: Closing Banquet and announcement of People's Choice and Delegate's Choice award recipients. DH attended this banquet with me.
- 9:00 pm: Pick up my project from the Exhibit Hall to take home (get to keep the beautiful ribbon).
Saturday, September 3:
- Leave New Orleans and begin the two-day drive home. Fortunately we drove northeast to Delaware after Hurricane Hermine ran her course up the east coast. We had clear weather all the way.
So that's it. Loved being at seminar, but am so very glad to be home. Just reading through this itinerary probably exhausted you as well, but thanks for hanging in there.
* I am the incoming ANG Correspondence Course Committee Chair. ANG's job description for this position can be found here.