Statcounter

Sunday, January 27, 2019

Stretcher Bars Organized - 1/27/19

January 27, 2019--After reading multiple blogs and Needlepoint Nation entries on FB about organizing stuff, I decided to do something about a messy drawer filled with various lengths and widths of stretcher bars.  I can't take credit for the idea of using a liquor box and its dividers to sort the bars, but decided to give it a try.

I had to tape the ends of all the dividers to the inside of the box to keep the bars from slipping into surrounding slots, but once I did that, the bars are now perfectly organized from the smallest to the largest.   I also wrote the size of each bar on the top and bottom for easy viewing.

The box, as ugly as it looks, fits perfectly in my craft room closet and is readily accessible.  Wish I had done this years ago.

Liquor Box filled with Organized Stretcher Bars

Liquor Box with Bottle Dividers Taped to Sides of Box for Stability and Slot Separation

3 comments:

  1. I do the same thing, which I also saw somewhere else. At first, I didn't need the tape. I do now, but I haven't tape the box yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though it is in a closet, I would cover it with a pillow case that has a pretty edge to make it more appealing to look at (also keeps dust out).

    ReplyDelete