Statcounter

Sunday, June 30, 2024

Necklace Kumihimo Beading - 6/30/24

June 30, 2024--I wanted to learn another method of beading and came across Jill Wiseman's DVD entitled "Kumihimo with Beads" which explained everything I wanted to learn.  She covered how to set up the Kumihimo disc, how to place beads on the cords (and how many to use), how to weave the cords, how to finish the project using various clasps, wires, crimps, end capes, etc.   

Most important for me was how to fix a mistake (missing a bead, for example) by reversing the steps until you get to the spot that needs repair, then how to figure out where to start again.  I found myself using her repair technique more than once and the results were perfect.   

I've finished beading the necklace and am waiting on orders for the finishing items (end caps, wire, clasp, etc.).   Here's the necklace ready for the finishing hardware.  It's 29" long and I can fold a knot in the front to shorten the length if desired.  The Amethyst Topaz size 8 beads using a medium gold cord were purchased from The Twisted Bead in Annapolis, MD.  

I'm now going to look for more ideas of using various sizes and types of beads on my Kumihimo disc.


Necklace Kumihimo Beads Completed

Necklace Kumihimo Beads on Cords with alligator weight for tension control



Necklace Kumihimo Set Up on Disc


DVD Video Screen Shot


No comments:

Post a Comment