Statcounter

Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Santa Gnome - Updated 10/15/24

October 15, 2024--Ta da--Done.   I really dragged my feet on finishing the beard--had to make a twisted cord and couch it down (one of my least favorite things to do), then stitch up the holly leaf with long and short randomly placed stitches inside a floral wire wrapped in buttonhole stitch around the edge.  Whew.  Once the leaf was done, the canvas had to be cut away.  Fortunately, Janet, the designer, gave us a green waterproof Sharpie to color the bits of white canvas that poked through the stitching.  She also gave us some glue to smear over the back of the leaf to keep anything from coming undone.  Very thoughtful.

Now it's being placed in a pile with my other Janet Zickler Casey designed santas to be made into ornaments someday (there are now 19 of them stitched up).

Santa Gnome Completed


October 5, 2024--Here's an update on what's stitched to date.  All that's left is to make a thin twisted cord to place in the beard's groove and stitch up a stump work holly leaf.  


Santa Gnome Progress to Date


Santa Gnome Stump work Holly Leaf to Stitch


May 28, 2024--Started working on Janet Zickler Casey's 2021 Santa Gnome which has plenty of challenges in the diagonal plaid hat, beard and attached holly leaf.  Here's my progress to date:

Santa Gnome Progress to Date

4 comments:

  1. I finished this one some weeks back and it is with the finisher. I am now completing my last Santa, the North Star. Recently my LNS had a JZC trunk show and displayed all my Santas which have all been finished as ornaments. Now I just hope I can fit them onto what I have planned for the display. I will be lost without a JZC Santa to do!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too love working up Janet Zickler Casey's santas. I've just ordered the "Bottoms Up" Santa for 2024 from Shining Needle Society.

      Delete
  2. I am not familiar with the Shining Needle Society and have only purchased all of my Santas through my LNS. There are other JZC designs I am interested in, but I’ve been told by my LNS that they are not available through their distributor as they are still being taught as a class. Can you tell me how to go about being able to order from the Shining Needle Society? Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Shining Needle Society is has IO Group site and can be found at:

      https://shining-needle-society.groups.io/g/HomeRoom

      Hope this helps.

      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment