Statcounter

Sunday, July 28, 2019

Valentine Heart - Updated 7/28/19

July 28, 2019--Finished this heart into an ornament today.  Like the results, but ask you overlook the crooked initials and year on the back.   Someday I'll remember to draw an erasable line on the fabric before doing the sewing.

The cord used for the bow is thinner than the one going around the heart.  When I first made it, I realized the heart needed a more substantial cord going around it, so saved the thinner one for a different use--like the bow,

Without further fanfare, here it is:
Heart Valentine Finished

Heart Valentine Finished Back


July 9, 2019--Completed the stitching on this cute heart.  It was a lot of fun and the 50 blocks worked up fast.  Will make the cording and find backing fabric from my stash today.  Looking forward to hanging this in my dressing closet where I have most of my other non-holiday ornaments.

Valentine Heart Completed


July 4, 2019--Happy Independence Day.  My stitching, not having anything to do with the holiday, does at least have the color red in it.

My ANG chapter, Delaware's Seashore Chapter, had a class called Valentine Heart led by one of our members, Roseanne J.  The project, published in the January, 2017 issue of ANG NeedlePointers Magazine, is from Wiehenberg Designs and has 50 blocks of different stitch combinations.  A challenge for even the most experienced needlepointer especially since the diagrams are not numbered as to how to execute the stitch.

So far I've completed 19 blocks using 5 different threads.   Not only did I chose different, but similar colors, I chose different textures as well.  It's interesting, to say the least (IMHO).  Here's a photo of my progress to date.

Valentine Heart through Block 19


1 comment:

  1. As with handwriting, your stitching angled up and to the right indicates that you are happy! It's a wonderful heart.

    ReplyDelete