Statcounter

Monday, September 2, 2019

Ornament Woven Ribbons - 9/2/19

September 2, 2019--Happy Labor Day 2019.

I pray for those in the path of Hurricane Dorian.  It's going to be a long week.  We here in Delaware are being warned about the possibility of heavy wind and rain beginning around Friday.

When this ornament project designed by Jo Ann Jackson called Woven Ribbons appeared in the March, 2018 issue of ANG NeedlePointers Magazine, I knew I wanted to stitch it.  So a year and a half later, here it is--stitching is completed and the ornament is ready to be finished.  It's going to be a big one--over 5" in diameter.  Below the photo of my ornament is one of the project as published in the magazine for comparison.

I chose my threads from the Caron Watercolors overdye called Williamsburg.  I also added a Kreinik #8 called Pink for a little sparkle.  The open area of the canvas under the ribbons was left blank by the designer, but I chose to fill it in with basketweave using Splendor thread.  Think it looks a little cleaner.

All in all, this little project turned out to be a challenge as well as a joy to stitch.

Ornament Woven Ribbons Completed by me

Ornament Woven Ribbons Project Photo from ANG NeedlePointers Magazine



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comments on this. On both samples, I used one of the specked canvases (one with gold flecks and one with silver) I did not want to cover them up.

    ReplyDelete