Statcounter

Saturday, August 12, 2023

Scissors Case Lacy - Updated 8/12/23

August 12, 2023--The stitching is done and this little scissors case has been sewn together with a binding stitch and lined.  It's rather cute, if I say so myself.   Now I need a beautiful pair of scissors to place in it.

Scissors Case Lacy Back Finished

Scissors Case Lacy Front Finished

July 23, 2023--The upper half is stitched except for the middle area where a ribbon will be couched.  That will get done after the bottom half is finished.  I like how the overdyed colors are playing out on the canvas.   I'm putting this away for a while to use as my "take along" project for social stitching days.

Scissors Case Lacy Upper Half Completed

July 21, 2023--At my local EGA meeting with the Brandywine Chapter on Wednesday, we received full kits to stitch Margaret Bendig's 2000 Petite Project offered through EGA to its members.  What a delightful project.  It's worked up using Valdani Pearl 8 which I love--no need to "lay" the thread and the variegated color is beautiful.  I've completed the outline done in Smyrna stitches and look forward to working up the body of the case.  Our instructions also guide us through the "finishing" process.


Here's my progress to date.

Scissors Case Lacy Border


Below is a photo of the project as stitched by the designer.

Scissors Case Lacy Project Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment