Statcounter

Sunday, August 4, 2019

Mini Embellishment Ornament - Updated 8/4/19

August 4, 2019--This little 2" x 2" project designed by Nancy Cucci is now finished as an ornament by yours truly.

Am not happy with the finishing results, and know why.  It was suggested we stitch 2 rows of tent stitches so that the gold edge would not be folded around the mounting board, only the 2 rows of extra tent stitches would be wrapped around.  That's fine if using a thick mounting board, but I use a thinner board that's easier to cut to shape (click here for more information).   Because it is thinner, only one row of tent stitches would have sufficed.   I tried to get this extra row of stitching to fold under at the corner edges, but had a major fail.  It was too late to take out the rows of tent stitching since I used the basketweave method.   The only thing left to do was to plow ahead and "finish" the ornament as best as I could.  Here is the result...



Ornament Mini Embellishment Finished Front
Ornament Mini Embellishment Finished Back
As with other ornaments I've "finished" myself, I learn something new with each one.   Someday I'll be an expert....maybe when I'm 85.  One can only hope.  LOL.



February 8, 2019--Just finished stitching this sweet Mini Embellishment ornament designed by Nancy Cucci.  My ANG chapter, Delaware's Seashore Chapter, offered this as the February meeting project led by Roseanne J.  The written instructions were easy to understand and Roseanne gave some great tips on how to complete the piece.  Now I need to decide how to "finish" it--as a hanging ornament, box top, etc.

Mini Embellishment Ornament Completed


No comments:

Post a Comment