Statcounter

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Expressions in Rose Gold - Updated 9/14/19

September 14, 2019--Just learned this piece garnered a 1st place ribbon at the Rehoboth Beach Museum's 9th Annual Needlework Exhibit.  Thank you Nancy Cucci for such a beautiful design.


August 13, 2019--Just picked this up from the framer at Aaron Brothers out of Michaels Arts and Crafts.  Love the rose gold metal frame.


Expressions in Rose Gold Finished

The woman who did the framing had a devil of a time with this one--mainly because the canvas was a bit crooked.  Even though I placed the canvas tight on the stretcher bars, the weave itself was not even, something I didn't notice.  When she tried to cut the mats evenly on both sides using the computerized cutting tool--wham, all out of kilter.  She then tried cutting the mat by hand using a roller type blade, but that left deep cuts in the corners--not a good solution.  Lastly she cut the mats by hand using a knife--perfect.

I give the framer at Aaron Brothers/Michaels lots of credit for making this just what I wanted.  I also love the price for the 16" x 13" metal frame, special mounting of the canvas and 3 mats:  $147.52.  Of course, I used those 70% off coupons, but I get those by email almost every day.



June 4, 2019--Completed the stitching on the 7th Nancy Cucci project to date.  This one is called Expressions in Rose Gold.  The others I've stitched are:  Mini Embellishment OrnamentSistersLone Star HeartIrresistible IridescentsStitches in Sterling, and Close to My Heart.

Now off to the framer.

Expressions in Rose Gold by Nancy Cucci Completed

May 15, 2019--Serious progress has been made on this beautiful project.  The central section was the hardest and most time consuming portion to stitch with all the various beads.  Now onto the outside sections stitched in Anchor 1 White and Kreinik 021 Copper.  These boxes will take no time at all.

Expressions in Rose Gold Central Portion Completed


March 26, 2019 - A while ago, I signed up to take a class offered by the Northern Virginia (NOVA) Chapter of ANG (of which I am a member) taught by Nancy Cucci herself called Expressions in Rose Gold.  I've seen this piece completed by others and have always wanted to stitch it.

Even though I couldn't be in Virginia for the class (a medical issue) that was held last weekend, I was able to ghost it.  And to feel part of the program, I completed the prework that was mailed to everyone a few weeks ago.  So now I'm waiting for the complete instructions, threads, and all the beads associated with this project.   And there will be lots of beads, I'm sure.  Once this is framed, I know exactly where I'm going to hang it.

Expressions in Rose Gold Prework


No comments:

Post a Comment