Statcounter

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Hardanger Stitch A Card Kit - Updated 2/18/2020

February 18, 2020--A few days ago, while looking for blank canvas bits and pieces, I came across this half completed hardanger project started 6-1/2 years ago and totally forgotten about.  I remember I put this away because I felt my hardanger skills weren't up to par to complete the last 2 blocks.  Since then, I've been to Hardanger University and could now finish this with ease.  Which I did.  So here are the final 2 blocks and a photo of them turned into greeting cards.   I would stitch these again, or design my own little squares.  Lots of possibilities.


Blocks 3 and 4 Completed


All 4 Blocks Completed

Blocks Attached to Greeting Card Stock




August 13, 2013--Purchased this little kit to "practice" hardanger stitches learned last year at a chapter led class to make a hardanger doily.

There are four blocks to stitch, each progressively more difficult.  Have completed the first two and know for certain that I really do need to practice before I take on a more ambitious project.    It's very important to properly lay the satin stitches called "klosters" before cutting the threads, otherwise it's too easy to cut the stitching along with the linen threads (been there and done that).   Also purchased a booklet by Janice Love called HARDANGER BASICS AND BEYOND, 2006.   Great diagrams, pictures, detailed instructions and lots of small projects to work on.



Block 1 of 4

Block 2 of 4






No comments:

Post a Comment