Statcounter

Saturday, March 20, 2021

Blue Diamond Ornament - Updated 3/20/21

March 20, 2021--Finished this tiny diamond into an ornament.  I must admit I almost didn't bother posting on the blog--this is one of the worst finishing jobs I've ever done.  Well, maybe the second worst.  I'm discovering that the smaller the ornament, the more difficult it is to properly finish.   The proof is in the pictures.  I also believe that one of the reasons professional finishers top off their work with lots of bows and fru-fru may be to cover up errors in forming a loop at the top.  It isn't easy stuffing all of that cording into the top of an ornament--something has to give.

Ornament Diamond Blue Completed Front

Ornament Diamond Blue Completed Back


January 27, 2021--Last night I took a Zoom class on how to stitch the below ornament.  

Blue Diamond Ornament

Melita Glavin of  Melitastitches4fun's Blog and a co-attendee of the class, perfectly describes the event as follows:

My EGA Brandywine Chapter hosted a class earlier tonight with Vicky Witterschein so she can gain experience towards her teaching certification with the National Academy of Needlearts (NAN).

Many thanks to her local needlepoint shop, The Edwardian Needle and Pam, for donating 20 kits to each of EGA’s 5 regions. It consists of 5″ x 5″ piece of 18 count canvas, Santa Fe Sage, 2 mm ribbon, Kreinik, pearls, needles, and beading thread.

Vicky led us through the stitches, had video demonstrations, and several of us finished the project during the 2-hour Zoom class. She is well on her to being an excellent teacher.

It could be done as a diamond like I did (2″ x 3″) or a Christmas Tree. Any ribbon thread will work, if I want to make up another. It’s great that the stitches work up easily into 2 different designs.

I chose to stitch the diamond shaped ornament rather than the tree.   It was a fast stitch and one worth repeating.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely, I’m also signed up. My zoom class is in March. Can’t wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely would do another. I love seeing you in Zoom classes and meetings!!

    ReplyDelete

No comments:

Post a Comment