Statcounter

Monday, August 16, 2021

Cashmere Santa - 8/16/21

 August 16, 2021--Another santa cutie designed by Janet Zickler Casey and offered through the Shining Needle Society, called Cashmere Santa, is done.  In keeping with my goal of stitching one old and one new santa each year, I have now met my 2021 quota.  Cashmere Santa was the newest design while North Wind Santa, stitched earlier this year, was a 2003 offering.  

The stitch for the beard on this santa, called Cashmere Cable, was a bit of a challenge, requiring consistent attention to the stitch placement.  I'm now wondering what was Janet's inspiration for this stitch since I'm unable to find it anywhere (at least not in the resources I have).

The second photo below shows the shine and dimension of the threads and beads used.  I love the little mint candy embellishment that came with the kit.


Cashmere Santa Completed



Cashmere Santa Completed Side View


4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this Santa !! The beard is so unique. The placement of the beads just makes it. Great stitching on the entire thing. Where did you get that kit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda. Thanks for your comment. I purchased the kit through Shining Needle Society. They offer Janet's santas every year. You can also email her at janet@jzcdesigns.com to order the instructions and canvases only (no threads).

      Delete
  2. I love the mustache and brows. What stitch and fiber did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The instructions called for padded Slanted Gobelin Stitch using RG Fuzzy Stuff thread. Hopes this helps.

      Delete