Statcounter

Friday, January 28, 2022

Graph Management - 1/28/22

January 28, 2022--I want to share a hint about marking up stitching design graphs and using a laying tool at the same time.  

Here's what I used to do--I would have a paper copy of the graph on a table beside me, a highlighter marker in my lap (and staining my clothes, etc.), and a laying tool in my hand.  Managing this was very cumbersome.

Here's what I do now--I take a photo of the graph with my iPhone, then open the photo on my iPad where I can select the little pen icon to mark up the photo with my iPen.  I can then keep the iPad on my lap where it is so easy to highlight the stitch I just completed on the graph using my iPen.  Since I need to keep the iPen in my hand for this purpose, I tried using it as a laying tool and surprisingly enough, it works quite well.  No more switching from iPen to laying tool.   I also like the fact that I can "erase" the highlighted areas of the graph if I need to use it again for a different section of the project.  I can also make notes on the photo with my iPen and save the photo for future reference.  It's also easy to reverse, rotate, flip, etc. the iPad photo.  The possibilities are endless.

I suspect many of you also do something like this, but for those who haven't tried it, I hope it works well for you too.

Using iPen to Highlight Completed Stitches on Graph Photo on iPad

Using iPen as a Laying Tool


2 comments:

  1. Very clever! I don't use an iPad or iPhone but it can get cumbersome with a laying tool and a marker.

    ReplyDelete