Statcounter

Friday, January 20, 2023

Bracelet Russian Spiral Beaded - 1/20/23

January 20, 2023--Ever since I learned the Peyote Stitch to make the needle case cover while on the Rhine River Cruise last spring (click here), I've wanted to learn more about making things with beads.  At the Rehoboth Beach Needlework Exhibition, I met an award-winning beading artist who got me in touch with a local bead teacher named Donna Baratta who teaches beaded jewelry classes out of the Rehoboth Art League facility.

So yesterday I was finally able to set in motion my plans for beaded jewelry making and I'm a happy camper indeed.  Below are photos of my results after 4 hours in class.   The bracelet is made with size 8 brown and size 11 gold seed beads.  I also discovered there's a bead shop in Laurel, MD, about 2 hours from my home, called Bead Soup that should satisfy my bead lust, so to speak.  Stay tuned for more in the months and years ahead.

I highly recommend taking a class with Donna.  She's very patient, knowledgeable and enthusiastic about everything beading.

Bracelet Russian Spiral Closed

Bracelet Russian Spiral Closeup of Toggle

Bracelet Russian Spiral Open


1 comment:

  1. Looks fantastic. More immediate gratification than needlepoint!

    ReplyDelete