Statcounter

Thursday, February 23, 2023

Bracelet Beaded Taught by Dinna V - 2/23/23

February 23, 2023--Yesterday I met with a group of serious beaded jewelry makers and am about to fall into a delightful rabbit hole.    Our host showed us her gorgeous necklaces and bracelets and found a simple bracelet design for me to copy.   She even gave me the supplies to work it up.  

The pattern is simple enough--one large bead, then add five seed beads, a small bead, then 5 seed beads.  That's basically it.  Of course, sewing it together requires a particular technique, but that's for the experts to teach.  

Now I really want to make more of everything, especially peyote beaded pieces.  

I know making beaded jewelry isn't needlepoint, but it does involve one half of the needlepoint requirement of “any counted or free stitchery worked by hand with a threaded needle on a readily counted ground” (I have a threaded needle in hand to make jewelry).   So, I'm good with it and will call it "needlework".

Thank you, Dinna V, for supplying me with the beautiful beads, thread and clasp to work up the bracelet pictured below.  




No comments:

Post a Comment