Statcounter

Saturday, April 27, 2024

Tumbling Stripes - Updated 4/27/28

April 27, 2024--Just had this framed by Michael's Arts & Crafts in Rehoboth Beach, DE.  Love the flat matt dark blue narrow frame.   It fits this piece beautifully.  

Tumbling Stripes Finished

March 29, 2024--The borders are now stitched, and this project is ready for framing.  I made one color change in the outermost border from dark red to dark blue.  I like the contrast much better.   The medium red in the border looks different from top to bottom due to the way the light shone on it.

Tumbling Stripes Completed

 March 25, 2024--All the stripes are stitched, and I will next work on the border.    I chose the same colors as the designer, Marily Owen, using the red, white and blue colorway, but my colors appear to be lighter than hers.  I also used 4 strands of the darkest RG Splendor color to fill in the "blank spaces".  Three strands, as instructed to use in the manual, proved to be too light in coverage and the canvas showed through.   I'm liking the results so far.

Tumbling Stripes with All Stripes Completed

February 1, 2024--I just finished the first seven or right-angle stripes of this adorable project.  The next 5 stripes will move diagonally to the left.  Those will be more of a challenge to work up since the edges of each stripe are stitched on the diagonal which will require me to pay more attention to stitch placement.  Here's what it looks like so far.

Tumbling Stripes Through Stripe 7

January 25, 2024--This interesting project, called Tumbling Stripes, is designed by Marilyn Owen and was offered by ANG's CyberPointers Chapter in April of 2021.  However, I never did anything with it and filed the .pdf instructions under "Projects on Hold" on my PC, thinking it would never see the light of day.  Well, it has now come out to play with the NJNA Chapter of ANG whose members have started working on it this month, and I've decided to join them (I'm also a member of the chapter).  

I like this type of project because of the wide variety of stitches and interesting pattern.  It has 12 rows or "stripes" repeated in 4 areas or quadrants.  The first 7 stripes angle to the right while the bottom 5 stripes (A through E) angle to the left, giving the appearance of a rolling or tumbling ball.  

I'm working up my project in the blue and red colorway and below is a photo of the first two stripes stitched so far.  

Tumbling Stripes through Stripe 2


Here's a photo of the completed project as stitched by the designer.

Tumbling Stripes designed by Marilyn Owen Project Photo


1 comment:

No comments:

Post a Comment