Statcounter

Thursday, April 25, 2024

Santa Sugarplum 2022 - Updated 4/25/24

April 25, 2024--Done!  This was a delightful project to stitch and I especially love the "candy" stitched onto the crown's brim.   There's a plastic sugarplum to attach to the crown when this is finished into an ornament.  This santa is definitely a cutie and is the 17th of Janet Zickler Casey's Santas stitched to date.

Santa Sugarplum Completed

January 9, 2024--Wanted to start something new, so what better way to begin the year than with one of Janet Zickler Casey's santas--this time Sugarplum Santa from 2022.  Since I didn't stitch any of her santas in 2023, I hope to get two or three done this year (as of today, I've stitched 16 santas and have 11 more to do).

Here's what's done so far with Sugarplum.  Per instructions, the face is always stitched first (I'll do the moustache, eyebrows, and outline of the eyes last).   Next, I'll work from the top down, stitching the hat, band, and beard.  These sections are the most fun to work up and will get done quickly.  Stay tuned for its completion.

Santa Sugarplum Face Stitched
 
This was a class given by Janet Zickler Casey at the 2022 ANG Seminar in Tucson, AZ.  Even though I had signed up to take the class, I was unable to take it since I was quarantined for half of the seminar with COVID.  Dang.  But I've done enough of her santas that I feel confident I can stitch this with written instructions only.


No comments:

Post a Comment