Statcounter

Friday, June 14, 2013

Candy Cane Santa Ornament

March, 2011.  My first Janet Zickler Casey project.  Can now understand why people get hooked on these things.  In fact, there's a wonderful series of her santa ornaments out there to collect (up to 13 or so now).  This was offered by the ANG NoVa Chapter in February, 2011 and I was fortunate enough to ghost the class.  Isn't that beard cute?  Trying to decide to "finish" it myself or send it out to be done professionally.   Hmmm....don't have enough experience yet on finishing ornaments to tackle this one.



2 comments:

  1. Hi great work! What did you use for beard?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, sorry I haven't replied sooner, but was traveling over the Thanksgiving holiday. The thread used for the beard was Thread Gatherer's Wooly Whites #12 - Eyelash. This project was designed in 2004, so I don't believe the thread is still available.

      Delete