Statcounter

Friday, March 11, 2022

Rose in Assisi Technique - 3/11/22

March 11, 2022--The March meeting program of Delaware's Seashore Chapter of ANG consisted of learning the Assisi technique while cross stitching a rose.  This results in a negative effect where the background is stitched, and the central design is left blank.   Thank you, Bobbie R., for introducing us to this style of stitching and I look forward to working up more designs using this technique.  

This project was stitched on 28 count Jobelin linen with two strands of DMC over 2 threads of fabric, effectively making it 14 count linen.  I think the result is quite dramatic.


Rose Assisi Technique on an Embroidery Hoop (stitching in the "well" to make it easier to end threads on the back of this small project)


Rose Assisi Technique Framed (please ignore a small reflection of light on the bottom)



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, as is all of your needlework.
    (Donna Gotts)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dolores Andrews has some lovely Assisi designs. I used that frame for a piece of needlepoint a few years ago. Michael's is still selling it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to look at Dolores' website for Assisi designs. I do believe I purchased the frame on sale at Michaels. I try to pick up frames like this to keep on hand for just this type of project. Now I want to see the photo of your project in this frame.

      Delete