Statcounter

Sunday, March 31, 2024

Heart of Hearts - 3/31/24

March 31, 2024--For its 2024 community project, my needlepoint chapter, Delaware's Seashore Chapter of ANG, is participating in the Hearts for Hospice program and donating the stitched hearts to Delaware Hospice.  I chose to stitch a heart designed by Barbara Richardson called Heart of Hearts with instructions published in the 2008, Vol X, 1 issue of Needlepoint Now Magazine.  

It proved to be an interesting challenge, especially the "darning" pattern in the center column.  It was so complex that I had to draft the stitches on my iPad using the photo editing tool.   

I self-finished the heart, and as with other projects, learned a lot, especially the need to make the cording much thicker.  However, I didn't have enough floss to make the cord as thick as I wanted, so it's flimsier than desired.  But I finally figured out how to "wrap" the cord at the base of the heart to hide where the cord ends are plunged inside the ornament which results in a much neater finish.  

Here's the result....

Heart of Hearts Finished


No comments:

Post a Comment