Statcounter

Monday, March 25, 2024

Parcheesi Anyone - 3/27/24

March 27, 2024--This is a piloted project I stitched for Susan Hoekstra who will be teaching this adorable game board class at the 2024 ANG Seminar in Kansas City, MO.  Susan tells me the unusual colors and design were copied from an antique Parcheesi board.  The kit includes a line drawn canvas, instructions, threads, frame pieces and parcheesi game "men".  

I probably won't use the unfinished frame pieces supplied with the kit, but instead will have my framer set this in a black lacquered frame and add "footies" so it can sit on a table.  The parcheesi men supplied are also unfinished and the thought of painting these myself is untenable, especially after I had hand painted all the checkers in a previous pilot stitched project for Susan called "Game Is On".  Too fiddly.   I'm actually thinking of hitting some second-hand shops for an older parcheesi game just for the game pieces.  If I find one with all the playing pieces in colors that I like--that'll be that.

Parcheesi Anyone Completed

Below is a photo of the project taken from the seminar brochure.  If you sign up for this project, you're going to love the interesting stitches and scrumptious threads used.



No comments:

Post a Comment